TOPIC：New Aspects of Enantioselective Catalysis by Chiral Brønsted Acids and Bases
SPEAKER：Professor Masahiro Terada ，日本东北大学
TIME：May 30 (Monday)PM15:30
LOCATION：Room 528, Chemistry Building A (化学A楼528演讲厅)
Department of Chemistry,
Graduate School of Science,
Tohoku University, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8578, Japan
1982 B. Eg. Dept. of Applied Chemistry, Tokyo Institute of Technology
1988 M. Eg. Dept. of Applied Chemistry, Tokyo Institute of Technology
1993 Ph. D, Dept. of Applied Chemistry, Tokyo Institute of Technology
1999-2000 Postdoctoral research with Professor Matthew Shair at Harvard University, US
1989-2001 Assistant Professor, Faculty of Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology
2001-2006 Associate Professor, Graduate School of Science, Tohoku University
2006-present Professor, Graduate School of Science, Tohoku University
2011.7-present Head Investigator of Scientific Research on Innovative Areas ‘Advanced Molecular Transformations by Organocatalysts’.
Our current research interests are focused on the development of new and useful synthetic methodologies based on the design of novel chiral Brønsted acid and base catalysts as well as the utilization of transition metal catalysts.
2003, Incentive Award in Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Japan
2008, The Chemical Society of Japan Award for Creative Work
2010, The Mukaiyama Award
2011, Daiichi-Sankyo Award for Medicinal Organic Chemistry
2012, Nagoya Silver Medal
2015, Molecular Chirality Award 2015
Selected Recent Publications
(1) “Construction of Vicinal Quaternary Stereogenic Centers by Enantioselective Direct Mannich-Type Reaction Using a Chiral Bis(guanidino)iminophosphorane Catalyst”, Tadahiro Takeda, A. Kondoh, M. Terada, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2016, 55, 4734-4737.
(2) “Enantioselective Aza Michael-type Addition to Alkenyl Benzimidazoles Catalyzed by Chiral Phosphoric Acid” Y.-Y. Wang, K. Kanomata, T. Korenaga, M. Terada, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 927-931.
(3) “Chiral Brønsted Acid-Catalyzed Enantioselective Friedel-Crafts Reaction of 2-Methoxyfuran with Aliphatic Ketimines Generated in Situ” A. Kondoh, Y. Ota, T. Komuro, F. Egawa, K. Kanomata, M. Terada, Chem. Sci. 2016, 7, 1057-1062.
(4) “Enantioselective Addition of a 2-Alkoxycarbonyl-1,3-dithiane to Imines Catalyzed by a Bis(guanidino)iminophosphorane Organosuperbase” A. Kondoh, M. Oishi, T. Takeda, M. Terada, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 15836-15839.
(5) “Ring Expansion of Epoxides under Brønsted Base Catalysis: Formal [3+2] Cycloaddition of β,γ-Epoxy Esters with Imines Providing 2,4,5-Trisubstituted 1,3-Oxazolidines” A. Kondoh, K. Odaira, M. Terada, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 11240-11244.
(6) “Skeletal Rearrangement of O-Propargylic Formaldoximes by a Gold-Catalyzed Cyclization/Intermolecular Methylene Transfer Sequence” I. Nakamura, S. Gima, Y. Kudo, M. Terada, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 7154-7157.
(7) “Kinetic Resolution of Racemic Amino Alcohols through Intermolecular Acetalization Catalyzed by Chiral Brønsted Acid” T. Yamanaka, A. Kondoh , M. Terada, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 1048-1051.